Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Reflection on Lecture One

In the second class I got a basic understanding about some important concepts: Network, Protocol, Server, Client and the Internet. Although some of the terms are used frequently in our daily life, I didn’t know what they exactly stand for before the class. Some of the terms are even strange to me , such as Protocol. Tim’s description about the way we order a dish in a restaurant and the relationship between the waiters and the customers explains the meaning of the every concept and their particular function creatively and successively. Now I have understood the basic meaning of every concept and the relationship between them. What makes me a little uneasy is that some of the terms are still quite strange to me , such as TCP ,IP, HTTP. I hope this won’t become an obstacle to my further study.

No comments: